28 August 2010

Welcome!

After long hours of writing just for myself, I recently decided someone might want to know about it. I remember back in the day, my very first "adult" movie (aka rated R film) was Freddy's Dead: A Final Nightmare. For me, this was a door into a new world. No matter what has been going on in my life, I have always come back to the horror genre. I don't claim to know everything about it. I would even say that I might not even know more than most, but I'll still give my best.
Let me first say that this site will not feature a rating system. There will be no grades, checks, or thumbs. Well, maybe a few lost thumbs, but they certainly won't be for a "grade." I might ruin a movie or two for some of you. For that, I'm sorry. I urge you to treat the movie portion of my post as you should any movie review, as a guide. If I speak highly of a film, and you like what I have to say, check it out! But its all up to you.
The second portion of this blog is society. What do I mean by society? Society is everything else. The film will be my vehicle to bring forth another topic. For example, in Die Hard (I don't imagine I'll ever post about this film, so I think I'm safe) we see an obvious indestructible hero element. What is the necessity of that hero in today's society? Do we as a people believe that someone out there will save us in any horrible circumstance? Or do we enjoy the element because it really doesn't exist? I know these are all questions, but I don't want to go into full post about Die Hard! Do we all get the idea?
So, enjoy and I hope that this will motivate people to think, if not about the film, but about an issue that goes beyond the screen.

P.S.
I will try my hardest to not integrate politics here, I don't think I want to bring that elephant in this room.

No comments:

Post a Comment